"...and when the green on our graves has mouldered away, some gray warrior sitting by night at the blazing fire will tell thy deeds to his sons, and they shall bless and admire the men of old..." - Lockwood to the members of Old Alpha, chapter meeting address, January, 1856
157 years ago today, The Sigma Chi Fraternity was founded.
Recreation of the formation of the Constantine Chapter as immortalized in a painting by Milton Caniff, Ohio State 1930. This tableau was stage during the 43th Grand Chapter meeting held in Los Angeles in 1939.
One of the three backdrops used at the 46th (Victory) Grand Chapter in the Stevens Hotel in Chicago, Illinois during September 1946. This one is an illustration by Milton Caniff that shows Sigma Chi’s representation in all branches of the armed forces and graced the cover of The Magazine of Sigma Chi in July 1942.
An image of the Illuminated Dessert Parade—led by the Sigma Chi coat-of-arms carved in ice—at the banquet during the 46th (Victory) Grand Chapter held at the Stevens Hotel in Chicago, Illinois during September 1946.
Attendees to the 17th Grand Chapter on the porch and in the front yard of Omega House at Northwestern University. The 17th Grand Chapter was held at the Union College of Law and Tremont House in Chicago, Illinois on August 29th, 30th, & 31st, 1888.
Richard S. Doyle, president of the Sigma Chi Foundation chats with Carl P. Clare, vice chairman of the Executive Committee, and 1950 Significant Sig, Roger H. Ferger, publisher of the Cincinnati Enquirer, during the 48th Grand Chapter meeting held at the Deshler-Wallick Hotel in Columbus, Ohio on June 12th, 13th, & 14th, 1950. Listening in at far left is Past Grand Consul, Ben S. Fisher.